For this assignment, you will create an annotated bibliography of at least five scholarly or serious sources that you may use to support the posts you will write for your blog. Since you will be writing a series of posts (see the blog posts page), this bibliography will build over time and should include at least five sources by the end of the semester. As in previous annotated bibliographies you have created for this course, you will write an annotation that will summarize the source, evaluate its quality, and explain its relevance to your project. However, for this assignment, instead of submitting a separate document through Canvas, you will provide this information on your blog on a separate page as I have here.
How to Proceed:
- Considering the topic of your blog, conduct some preliminary research to help you develop ideas for your first post. Since you want to give your audience access to your research through hyperlinks, you may want to focus on finding sources that are available on the web. Take a look at the article “Blogging Like a Pro: Learn How to Do Effective Content Research” for information on conducting research on the web.
- As always, keep a record of what you have found and evaluate the sources as you’ve done for previous papers. “Criteria to Evaluate the Credibility of WWW Resources” provides information on evaluating web sources in particular.
- Provide the title of the article and hyperlink it to the article itself.
- Below the title of each source, type a brief annotation in your words (5-8 sentences). Make sure you state the main purpose of the source, give a brief summary of its relevant content, provide an evaluation of the source’s quality, and explain its significance to the topic of your blog.
- Place these sources on a separate page of your blog. When referencing these sources in individual posts, provide a hyperlink to this page.
- Effective summaries of the sources (3-4 sentences)
- Quality of the sources and effective evaluation of them (1-2 sentences)
- Clear explanation of their significance to the topic (1-2 sentences)
- Effective hyperlinking to posts and sources